You have to try to stay cool in this awful heat!
The heat of the traditional Texas summer is upon us. But it’s not just Texas that’s baking- the temperatures are up all over the country; as they are every August. I hope that y’all aren’t letting the dog days of summer zap you. No matter how hot it is though, those outside chores like mowing the lawn and other yard work still have to be tackled. Remember to take care of yourself when you’re working or playing outside. Here’s some tips for keeping yourself safe. I know you know these things, but I’m offering a friendly reminder just in case:
- Take frequent breaks
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate (it’s better to start taking in some substantial liquid BEFORE you head out)
- USE SUNSCREEN (at least 30 SPF)- and re-apply often
- Use a spray bottle filled with chilled water and spray yourself for quick cooling
- Keep wet hand towels in an ice-filled cooler and break them out and place them on the back of your neck when you feel like you’re overheating
- Seek shade when you can
- Remember to have plenty of water for your outdoor pets or if your pets are like our pups who are inside dogs but LOVE to hang out outside. We keep a big bowl of fresh water just outside the backdoor as well as in the house. (Please remember to empty that bowl of water every other day or so and add fresh to keep mosquitoes from breeding).
- Also, for those outside pets; be sure they have a place to go to get out of the sun. They can overheat just like us.
In other words: TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND STAY COOL!
(Visited 97 times, 1 visits today)